Sunday, May 29, 2016

Here We Go Again!

can't believe this is happening and I get the opportunity to do Bike & Build again! I never thought I would be in this position but I leave tomorrow morning at 8am for a flight for Philly! From there I will be driving our van and trailer to RI where I will be meeting up with Natalie for leader orientation. This year, I will be completing B&B as a leader, rather than a rider, meaning I am organizing the entire trip, along with my three other co-leaders. My co-leaders are Carlee, Nate and Travis! It's going to be very interesting to see how this trip might be the same or different than the Southern route trip I did in 2014. Thank you so much to everyone who donated this year and in 2014, B&B has changed my life and has impacted dozens of families who got their new homes. Also, thank you to The Right Gear bicycle shop for all your hard work getting me the gear I need for the ride and Lending Tree for so graciously funding the gear I need for this trip! I could not do this without each and every person's donation and support, from both 2014 as well as this year. Affordable housing is a cause I'm truly passionate about and I'm so grateful Bike & Build showed me that.

Photos from my sweaty equity day with the ReStore

My bike getting all ready to be shipped off to Rhode Island!
Photos from my sweat equity day with Charlotte Habitat for Humanity while the NC2SD route was in Charlotte. This was also AmeriCorps week for Habitat!
My first training ride day in the rain!

Hopefully this time around I will get a chance to blog at least everyday! Let's do this thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment