Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Durango, CO

Another century! Today was 112 miles and was really awesome of a ride! I was so excited to get to Colorado, out of the desert and back into a big city. I rode with Colleen, Dan K, Liz, Hannah and Dan S periodically throughout the day. The whole beginning was awesome and there was so many downhills! First lunch came really quickly. After first lunch, we started getting into some huge rolling hills. We would have a massive descent that was quickly followed by a huge climb. All of the climbing made it difficult and the downhill sections became more like a break for my legs where I didn't have to pedal. We also biked over a huge dam..it was really tempting to go swimming but with such a long day, we had to keep truckin and continue on. Getting into Durango, there was a massive storm that hit when we were about ten miles out so we pulled off and waited out the worst of it in a gas station. Dan K, Colleen and I had a great time talking and joking around so it wasn't so bad waiting it out. When we made it into the host, we got to meet the NC2SD route because we were all staying in the same host that night! Everyone was super awesome and helped us with unloading the trailer and everything. Also, because it was the 4th of July, Durango had a massive parade going through the town! We got to walk around for a little while and then I got some dinner at a Mexican restaurant with Greg and Colleen. Afterwards, we met up with a few others to watch the fireworks in the parking lot of a grocery store. By the time I got to the fireworks, I was so tired that the only thing that was keeping me awake was how loud they were. I eventually made my way back to the host with Rhys and some of the NC folk so that I could catch some sleep and get ready for an awesome build day!







No comments:

Post a Comment