Sunday, June 19, 2016

Ohio!

We are now in Youngstown OH getting all tucked into bed and ready for a great build day tomorrow! Yesterday we rode to Franklin, PA on a ride that was about 60 miles. I got a chance to have an almost leader ride with Travis and Carlee. The ride day was so beautiful and the weather was perfect. It got up to around 90 (compared to the 50/60, that's a perfect temperature for me). In Franklin, there was a Barbeque and Blues concert happening so the riders were able to hang out there and see what it's like to live in the town. Some of the bands that played were great! Others were a little interesting - one of them sang about smart phones and dumb people? I found it to be really funny but also weird. The group I was with went over to a restaurant and got a bunch of appetizers before going back to the host for a huge pizza dinner! After that, we checked out the festival and then explored the town a little more. It was one of my favorite days so far! 




Today I rode with "The Black Sheep". It was Kess, Nikki, Carlee, Brandon and I in the group. We named ourselves that as a joke to some of the other riders because the day before, we all had asked groups that were already full to ride with them. So we all banded together as the riders that weren't wanted. It was actually such a fun day! The hills were really hard but Brandon's lack of shifting abilities made every single hill hilarious! Almost to where I couldn't get up beacuse I was laughing so hard. This was also Father's Day! I had a chance to FaceTime my parents during my lunch stop and say hi to my daddy :). We are now at the host, where we are staying in a massive, medieval feeling church and getting ready for a build with habitat for humanity tomorrow. Tonight we also had a chance to go to the downtown area to watch the NBA Championship game and Cleveland won. It was wild watching this while in Ohio because everyone was freaking out. Another great day!!










No comments:

Post a Comment