Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The scavenger hunt begins

Yesterday we had our third build day with Habitat for Humanity in Youngstown OH. This was by far my favorite build site activity so far because I was on the demolition crew and got to destroy a chimney! We were supposed to do it "brick by brick" so that we could save the bricks to be sold in the ReStore but once we got going, they were all crumbling apart, so it turned into a hug but super fun mess. We built up the scaffolding and then climbed up and used a sledgehammer to hit the bricks away from each other. We finished taking the chimney down before lunch and then after lunch we had to clean up the huge pile of bricks. This was such a fun day and totally worth all the weird sore things I have today. For example, my fingers are sore.. I think from holding the hammer...





After the build day, Caitlyn and I went around the town when we were finished our showers. One the hunt for milkshakes, we happens upon Suzies Hot Dogs where you could put ANYTHING on a hot dog. 


No joke.. It was so fun! Also that night, a bunch of the girls decided to shave the underside of their hair into a triangle shape and also do some cool blue and red hair dye. Don't worry mom, I didn't do it. Regardless, it was still fun to watch!

Today I rode to North Canton, OH on a 53 mile day with Thor and Jane. I hadn't ridden with Jane yet so it was a great day! We also started our P2S16 scavenger hunt!! I'll post the list later but I'm determined to win! A great thing that happened today was that I got Sonic milkshakes donated to our team and the employees were so excited! They wanted to take pictures with us. Another great thing that happened today was that I took laundry crew to do the group's laundry and we were able to make a pit stop at chickfila on the way :) it was great!









No comments:

Post a Comment