Friday, June 17, 2016

The Eighth Wonder of the World?

Today, the team rode 80 miles from Coudersport, PA to Warren, PA. Usually the ride would only be about 70 but we took a detour to see the Kinzua Bridge. This bridge was originally built in the 1880s but collapsed in 2003 when a giant tornado destroyed it. Now, the remains are scattered in the valley, and you can walk on the remaining railroad tracks that were on the bridge. I was the van driver today, so I was responsible for helping everyone get there and have lunch. This allowed me to make the decision to have lunch in the park and allow all the riders a chance to spend some extra time at the bridge. Jakob and I got there about 45 minutes before the first riders, allowing us to hike down into the valley and get right up to all the destroyed pieces of metal. It was such a cool park to be in and I'm really happy we made the stop! Later that day, we also stopped in Allegheny state park at a beach so that Jakob could jump in the lake. The water in this lake was so clear, blue and beautiful, almost like a portrait. It was such a great day, and I'm just a tad jealous of the ride that my peeps got to experience but I'm happy they had such a great day. It makes me excited for the ride day tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment