Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day Off #3!!


Day off in the Grand Canyon! Could I have asked for anything more awesome?! We started the day off really early with a 3:15 wake up so that I could get in the van by 3:30 and make our way out to a trail that we wanted to hike to watch the sun rise. The beginning of the hike was in the pitch black dark so we had to use our headlamps. Eventually, the sun started to come up and light our way. The trail was only 2 miles so we didn’t have a very far way to go. We went out to a place called Cape Final Trial and at the end, there was a rock that we climbed up and lead us out into the canyon so that we had a huge view! We made it right before the sun started to come up and all of us spread out across the rocks, taking some time to ourselves to reflect and appreciate the view. It was so beautiful. I don’t think there will ever be a sunrise that will beat watching it over the Grand Canyon. I was in such awe that I had biked there and it was like a little reward for all the hard work I had done. After watching that, we drove out to Cape Final and then Imperial Point, both of which were just awesome views of the canyon. By the time we had all been done doing that, it was about 7:30 and we were all so tired and starving so we went back to the lodge where we paid $15 for a much deserved and wanted breakfast buffet! We probably should have warned the place who we were and the damage we were capable of because we all ate a ton of food! By myself, I had 6 plates of food so I can’t imagine how much we ate as a unit. After an amazing breakfast, I went back to the camp and took a long nap in the tent until it was too hot to sleep. The rest of the day was just a lot of hanging out and relaxing. The days off are always so nice and well needed that we all just want to sit around and avoid moving as much as possible.










No comments:

Post a Comment