Saturday, August 23, 2014

Lone Pine and Dixon Lane-Meadow Creek, CA

I had a really great ride to Lone Pine! There was a tail wind the whole way and I got to ride with a really large group of people. We had a really fun time talking and laughing about stuff. We talked about our favorite B&B memories and about how excited we were to make it to the ocean. Unfortunately, Ashley didn't have such a great ride because she kept throwing up all the way to first lunch. The ride was 73 miles but when it's all downhill and there's a tailwind, I always feel like we should be getting there way before we actually do. About 7 miles out from the host, we went off the road and found some hot springs where we all go to take a break and go for a little swim. It was so much fun hanging out (even though I got sunburned) but I had an amazing time this day. The host that night was an RV park where we just camped out in our tents on the RV sites. The people that work at the camp were so wonderful and made us all sorts of appetizers and a huge dinner that included steak! We were actually very spoiled! I really liked staying here. We were also, basically, right across the street from Mt. Whitney, which is the tallest point in the contiguous US.

The nest day was a very similar ride to the day before. Generally flat, pretty easy and nothing out of hand. I really enjoyed getting to ride with Gaurang and Charlie into the host because I didn't get to ride with them very often throughout the trip. At bishop, we stayed at a building on the fairgrounds but, luckily got our food provided for dinner again! Today was my all time record for how much I ate...and I loved it. I woke up, had breakfast, midmorning snack, lunch, half a large pizza, half a large calzone, half a stick of garlic bread, a frap from starbucks, and then a burger and pasta salad. I don't know why I was so hungry but I would love to be able to eat like that again! That night, I was with the laundry and grocery crew, which I really didn't mind doing because I get to go out to the store and look at real food.

No comments:

Post a Comment