Saturday, August 23, 2014

Ridgecrest and Build Day 16

The ride to Ridgecrest was okay. It was really long and this was the day that everyone had mental breakdowns. Somehow, Marlee, Colleen, Greg and I ended up towards the back and had a long day. By the time I had gotten to second lunch, I was so over it and kind of ready to just get in the van and call it a day but I knew that we had prom that night and I had to finish the ride! Every Bike and Build trip has a prom night but instead of doing prom we decided to make it wedding themed. So Laura and I dressed up with vests, bow ties and we put our hair up, pretending to be either the groom or really any guy at the wedding. Colleen and I were the ones that got married and it was so hilarious because everyone played their own little part in the wedding. We had a comedian (Charlie and Micah), Shayan was the "religious figure head", we even had someone who dressed up as the ring! After that, we all went out to a restaurant, dressed in our crazy outfits. I ordered unlimited fries and ate about 3 plates by myself, all with ranch all over them (I'm going to miss eating like that!). That was probably one of my favorite nights of Bike and Build. It was really fun just being able to hang out with everyone as a group and be together all night. The next day, we got picked up to go to the build site where we found out that we weren't actually building, we were taken to the fair grounds where we were doing maintenance and beautification. I think that I would have preferred a build but this was still good because we were at least making a difference and helping out the community. That night, we just prepared for more days of biking by fixing flats, taking naps, eating ice cream and reading the grant proposals that we had to chose from. We also had a really fun and busy night with a presentation to the community and then a potluck! Prom, though, was the best memory here!


No comments:

Post a Comment