Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Lake City

We had a veeeeery long ride today.. And an early wake up. We were up at five and the Knights if Columbus in Palatka made us an awesome breakfast. We had a 79 mile ride to Lake City and I rode the whole thing with my girl JoBeth! We had a group that changed frequently but we were always together. On the road, we saw a fire tower and we stopped at a random drive way and met a turtle. There were seven flats today (4 of them from Gaurang, which was sad for him!) and lots of complications with the wake up calls of the intensness and severity of what we are doing. Now that we are in Lake City, I'm happy to have jumped into the tough stuff and I'm ready for the rest!

Sleep deprivation is real though.. I'm so sleepy!







1 comment:

  1. Hi Mo-an!

    Congrats on a successful 80-mile ride! You’re such a champ! I bet you’re having such an amazing time. It looks awesome.

    I am so proud of you out there! I keep telling all my friends here at app that my best friend is riding her bike across the country and building houses along the way and they’re always like “WHAT!!! THAT’S SO SICK!” You’re just an inspiration out there!

    So how’s the weather? Is it like super hot? How are your legs feeling? I bet your tan lines are getting pretty gnarly. You should take a picture of them at the end of every day so you can compare at the end of the trip! So what food do you miss the most? What do you do when you have to pee! When you wake up in the morning are you like YEAH LETS GO! Or are you like nooo not yet!! Let me sleep!! I’m sure it’s a combo of both. Haha sorry for all my questions!

    Keep posting though girl I love reading about everything! Be safe, stay hydrated!

    I love you!!

    Ca-in. (Caitlyn Marie Colo)

    ReplyDelete