Friday, May 16, 2014

Orientation

Today, I showed up to a tiny little habitat for humanity house in Atlantic beach Florida around 1:30 for my first day of B&B orientation! When I got there, I got my thermarest (a tiny little blow up camping pad), two new bike and build jerseys, some bib shorts, my bike and build shirt that we wear when we build and a new water bottle! Everyone was immediately so so nice and welcoming to the point that I was more excited than nervous. We started by just hanging around for everyone to get there and then started doing some ice breakers and getting to know you games! After that, we had a few hours of going over what to expect and the guidelines and rules for the rest of the trip. My favorite thing the leader kept saying was "it's your summer and your trip so you will make it as fun as you want and we can do what you guys want." I like how clear it was that we are all equal and being treated like adults rather than like I'm at a summer camp with counselors. Now we are at the community center, sleeping on our thermarests in one big room together and we have a 6am wake up time so that we can go to our first build tomorrow!! I can already tell this is going to be an amazing summer. Everyone is awesome! 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the updates. Sounds like you a having a great time.

    ReplyDelete