Sunday, June 22, 2014

Altus OK

Today's ride was AMAZING!! We started off the day with a surprise scavenger hunt that we had to complete by the end of tomorrow's ride. There are so many items on the list and they're really hard to get but as the meeting was over, everyone was scrambling to try to get a bunch of stuff checked off the list! My team members are Colleen, Connor, JoBeth, Angela, and Corina. We are definitely the best group made and are determined to win! The entire ride today was awesome. There were some cross winds but they were easy to ignore with the scenery. Around mile 20, we stopped at a bathroom and discovered a tiny, hole in the wall diner where we treated ourselves to a huge delicious breakfast. I got two eggs, hash browns, sausage, and toast. I haven't had eggs since I was home and they were wonderful! After that, we made our way to lunch where there was a small rock mountain in the distance so during the lunch break, me, Connor, Colleen and Liz jumped a barbed wire fence and walked ten minutes to check out the area. When we got there, we decided that we worked to make our way there so we might as well climb it! It was hard to climb because it was all rock so we had to take off our shoes because the clips were too slippery on them. This is the first time I've ever really gone rock climbing and although it was very small scale, it was awesome!! The wind was blowing so fast and the view from the top was so gorgeous. I had a moment at the top where I was just like.. Wow. Im biking across the country and having the adventure of a life time. It's amazing to me that I get to do crazy stuff like this on the regular.

The rest of the ride after that was all just rolling, long hills and I rode with Colleen, having lots of conversation and making the ride go nice and fast! When we got into the town, we found out that sonic had donated whatever we wanted to order to us. I love free food! I had a really excellent day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment