Thursday, June 19, 2014

Boyd

Today we had to take a little but if a re-route. We were supposed to go to Decauter TX but the church we were staying at accidentally double booked and we couldn't go there anymore. Luckily, some of the riders were talking to a man who wins for AtmosEnergy in Boyd that allowed us to stay in their office for the night! Today was out third century of the trip and I was really feeling it. The first day on the bike after being sick isn't easy but I managed to finish the whole thing! Despite being in pain and exhausted, we had a fun ride. The first luck was at an awesome gas station that doubled as a grocery store and also had a froyo store in it so we had an extra treat. We also had all the food that Sally sent us off with so this might have been the best lunch stop in all of Bike and Build history! During the ride, I also got my first, classic B&B pic of being on a hay bail. We also stopped at the biggest sunflower patch I've ever seen. It had to be 100 acres (and I'm not exaggerating.. This was a debate during the ride of how large this plot of land was!).

The biggest bummer of the ride put a huge bad taste in my mouth for the end of the ride. We were on an open, clear of cars road and riding in a single line taking our own little space. But then a flat bed pick up came up behind us blairing his horn and cussing his head off at us. I've never felt so unsafe in my life as I did by how this man made us feel. He didn't back off and rode my back tire until he ran us off the road. Greg had to duck in order to avoid being hit in the head by the rear view mirror. Needless to say, a slight inconvenience on his part was more important to avoid than our lives. It amazes me..

With the ride behind me, I'm ready for bed and ready for a, hopefully, better ride tomorrow!







No comments:

Post a Comment