Monday, June 9, 2014

Baton Rouge

This was my all time favorite ride so far!! Colleen was the most consistent part of my group and it was a 116 mile ride from NOLA to Baton Rouge! Longest ride of my whole life and my best one so far!! I can really tell how strong everyone is getting and how much they are improving and it is really awesome to see and I'm super proud of everyone. We started by riding about 10 miles through the city which was really hard for me because the roads were extremely rough and it was very frustrating with the cars. After that, we had about 25 miles of bike path, which was the most amazing thing ever!! We were able to ride 2 across and basically do whatever we wanted without having to worry about the cars around us. I got a lot of really good conversation in during this section and lots of girl talk! The second half was even better but a little more boring because it was a straight rode with all industrial plants along it. Like big plants that do grain and all different random things. But, this road was also pretty empty so I was able to ride next to Colleen and talk even more! I think that because I was able to talk to much, the ride went a lot more quickly and was much more enjoyable. By the time I got to second lunch, my head was pounding and I was so so tired. I fell asleep on the pavement while my Shayan filled up my Gatorade for me. Being able to eat and get some fuel made all the difference in the world and my head ache went away and I made it into the host wonderfully! Granted.. I was pretty tired! Also, on the way in, we found a fountain about a mile from the host and jumped in! It was one of the best feelings ever :) I fell asleep on the gym floor when we got in and got woken up by the sound of everyone walking out going to get food. So, I jumped up, got a quesadilla, came back and then went to sleep! 116 miles definitely wipes you out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment