Monday, June 9, 2014

Build Day 9

It's crazy that we are already at 9! I guess building for so many days in a row in NOLA take up a lot of time. Today, we worked with Rebuilding Together Baton Rouge. We worked to paint the exterior of a woman's house that had sever asthma and couldn't do any work on her own. She had owned the house for 30 years in her family so I was glad that she was able to have someone help her get work done on it so that she and her family can continue to live there. All day, we just did the painting and it didn't take too long so we got more down time than usual. Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing for me! 

Later that night, I went to run a bunch of errands with Claire and find a really random helmet clip I needed (which is apparently REALLY hard to find) and we also went to Walgreens. Society is fun. We also had family meeting where we talk about our weeks highs and lows and then discuss random things that need to be addressed. After the meeting, the guys had a dance off that turned into a wrestling match... Which was hilarious!! We also played about and hour and a half of knock out and I almost won one f the games!! 

Every day, I'm more and more convince that I ended up with the best people ever and that I am where I'm meant to be. I don't think I could be happier... Best summer ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment