Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Build Day 10 and 11

Finally building again! I woke up the morning of this build feeling good and ready to go! Me and Claire definitely drove the best car to the site because we got the Ford F450, heavy duty, special Texas King Ranch edition, Dooley with the tool trailer attached to it. This thing was everything. We called it the HH (Head Honcho) and felt like total bosses in it! the very first song we listened to in it was Bawitdaba by Kid Rock and I don't think we could have found a better fit for it. Everyone else thought they had the best car because they were in convertibles but they had no idea...and I think that reality hit them when they saw us rollin up in that baby. I don't think I've ever hd so much fun in a car. The build site was really cool. We showed up to a high school, very confused because we didn't think people lived there but then we realized that we build the foundation to the home at the school and then the home is taken to the lot where it will permanently stay. This is so that the kids in the big school can become involved with it and work on the home as part of a class in school. When we got there, all that was done was the walls so we were planning on putting up the trestles for the roof, installing windows and putting up insulation on the house! I started with the roof project but realized that I was still too sick to be pushing around huge structures of wood in the hot sun so eventually I moved to window installation and, once again, got to play with the electric drill! We got all of the windows screwed in by the end of the day but they weren't fully screwed in so that was a job for the next day. We only worked until 2 that day because there was a lot that was planned for that night!

On the ride back to Sally's, the HH, Claire, Connor, Colleen, Megan and I all rode together and made a few pit stops. First, we went to Sonic and got some happy hour slushies! And then, we went to Goodwill and got some awesome outfits for the boat ride we were going to do later that night. Little did the other, inferior cars know, but those who ride in the HH have the most fun. If they hadn't passed us while riding back to Sally's, they could have come too! But it was a lot of fun getting to play around in Goodwill and enjoying some time feeling well and healthy! I think that's why everything was so awesome at that time: we were having such a blast and I finally felt like I could keep up with the rest of the group! I didn't realize how much the plague took out of me until I started getting my strength back. In Goodwill, I managed to score some sweet floral pants and a jean vest to rock over my bathing suit that night.

By the time we got back to Sally's, it was time for family meeting and then we had fajitas for dinner! And she made queso con carne which I loooooove, so I was very very happy. After dinner, we all got ready to go and loaded up in her several cars and drove out to a lake where she set up a sail boat ride for us! This is the first time I've ever been sailing so I was so so excited for this! The boat was so nice! I think the Hilton Hotel was the ones that put on the ride and it was awesome that Sally was able to come with us and party on the water. This was definitely one of my favorite days of Bike and Build. I kept saying "can you even ask for a better day?" and everyone seriously thought about it... we couldn't! It was awesome! When we got back to the house, we all just hung out in the pool and hot tub until it was time for bed. Unfortunately for me, my stomach started messing with me again and I was having a hard time staying asleep. Despite the pain, I had an amazing day with everyone and I wouldn't and couldn't have asked for a better day. Everyday I become more and more grateful for this experience and can't believe I'm lucky enough to be able to do this.

The second build day wasn't as fun for me because I woke up still feeling under the weather so I had to stay back and get some more sleep. Around 12, I started waking up and trying to be productive but kind of failed.. But luckily, Claire was still in the house and wanted to go to Starbucks to get some wifi. So when the builders got back, Colleen, Claire and I took the mustang and drove with the top down, jamming out to the radio all the way there and back! It was nice to get away from the craziness of the group and have a little group to hangout with for a while. That night consisted of a lot of packing and getting ready for a long bike day the next day! I changed me rim tape, hoping for less flats, packed my bags and got some good sleep!







No comments:

Post a Comment